Fruition's Start Page GSD while GAS'ing
Fruition’s mission is to get companies online, to keep them online and to use digital as a competitive advantage.
Fruition’s ideal client is an established middle market to enterprise company in need of a strong full service digital partner. Fruition excels at complex projects that require high functioning teams that require full-stack development, digital marketing and devops support.
Build, Grow and Protect®
Fruition’s deep domain expertise includes health care, travel & tourism, e-commerce and business-to-business (B2B). We also have a very strong government services team. Fruition generates hundreds of millions of dollars in sales within these verticals (and others) every year. Fruition provides consulting, tactical execution and builds transformational digital products (software) for our clients. This translates into significant enterprise value for our clients and for Fruition.
Fruition’s hiring process is lead by the business unit leaders and others on the team. Even with a tight job market, we won't sacrifice our values when we're hiring. We want the right people to join the team to help us and our clients continue to gain momentum. Our hiring process is designed to ensure a good fit for the candidate, for Fruition, and for our clients. We do not want a candidate joining the team if it isn’t a good fit. While the process is hard, it is also fair. We do not play games. We mean this literally as well. We’re not going to give you a silly puzzle to solve that will have no correlation with the work that you’ll be doing.
The goal of our hiring process is to find and foster a great culture and talent fit. If you’re interested in open digital positions in Denver check out our careers page. Logistically, you will have at least four interviews before you receive an offer to join the team. You’ll need a unanimous sign-off from at least four teammates and from the CEO before an offer is presented to you.
Fruition’s onboarding process ensures that all Fruition team members experience the same initial training and introduction to the company. This enables them to quickly become effective and efficient and to understand what it takes to become successful at Fruition through the proper behaviors (kicking ass) and skill set (always be improving).
Org Chart for Fruition
Having a “flat” org chart sounds great until you don’t know who can answer a question for you or help you with a difficult situation. With proper training and a servant-first leadership style, a proper org chart brings clarity to the team.
Fruition's Culture Deck
Over the years we've defined what we want from our culture and what we don't want. We've put some structure to this in our culture deck.
Fundamentals of Performance at Fruition
We demand exceptional work at all times
Cruising by and just doing enough won't cut it. Your teammates will know, clients will know, and no one, including yourself, won't be happy.
We own the 20 sq. ft. of space around us
We ruthlessly protect our 20 sq. ft. of space. Meaning we all own the 20 sq. ft. around us. In that 20 sq. ft., we do not tolerate any Blaming, Complaining or Defending (“BCD”). Present solutions, not problems.
Acronyms to know
- WTWON™: What to Work on Next™ (a part of Fruition Tools) uses machine learning to improve the work flow of advanced digital marketing individuals and teams.
- GSD: Get Sh*t Done
- GAS: Give A Sh*t
- LAST: Listen. Solve. Acknowledge. Thank.
- No BCD: No Blaming, Complaining or Defending. Look for solutions, not excuses.
Leaders clearly state what each team member must do to excel, how they are measured and how they can improve in near real time. Annual reviews are not tolerated, because they are slow and miss the teaching opportunity. We all demand a high level of performance of each other. If the performance is not delivered, leaders must make intelligent and deliberate changes to meet Fruition’s stated goals related to exceptional client delivery, as well as client and Fruition growth.
Words we care about
- Accountability: Fruition does not have single contributors; the success of an individual, a client, a project, a campaign is determined by the collective team. Individual accountability is a necessity. Accountability is the obligation of an individual to account for activities, accept responsibility for them and disclose results in a transparent manner.
- Clarity: We’ve outgrown games. Clarity cultivates understanding, creates accountability and unites purpose. With our clients and among ourselves, we make it a point to be overly transparent. This fosters efficiency, trust and authenticity, and it ultimately leads to on-time, on-target launches. Confusion is a choice; when something is unclear, ask for clarity.
- Agility: Our world, clients and industry are constantly changing. This requires us to be innovative, fluid and flexible to respond rapidly to changes in our internal and external environments without loosing momentum, vision or clarity.
- Fun: We do work hard, but we also like to have fun — with each other and with our clients. Fun is not ping pong tables in the office. Ping pong tables are a distraction. Fun is seeing a client beat their competitors or exceed one of their target KPIs. Here’s an example of fun: “Without Fruition, we would have been down year over year. Instead, we grew 30% this year, and our profit increased 15%.” That is what fun looks like at Fruition.
- Respect: We believe in each other and trust each other. We value collaboration, we welcome new ideas from our teammates and clients, and we reward great work.
Delivering exceptional work for clients
We treat our clients with the utmost professionalism and courtesy. We get the same in return. We are always accountable to our clients. If we make a mistake or break something, we own it. If we do something great, we share in the success.
Communication with clients
Clients deserve timely and proactive communication. The cadence of communications with clients is critical. We err on the side of oversharing and over communicating.
Communication should be thorough. Goals are well defined. Progress toward those goals is documented and shared. If there are issues preventing work from being accomplished, that is to be communicated with a louder voice until the blocker is removed. Communication must not be held back — if something is wrong, we communicate it.
Clients shall never hear “we’re at an all-day meeting and can’t get back to you today” or “someone will get back to you in 24-to-48 hours.” Clients do not care what we are doing; they want to know that we are there for them and that if we don’t have an answer, we’ll work expeditiously to get them one.
It takes years to be an expert in the very technical work that we do at Fruition. The 10,000-hour rule is a baseline. Fruition developed a career matrix that helps team members understand where they are at and guide them within their career.
Fruition’s Business Units
Fruition is organized into 3 business units:
- Build - Development (programmers, developers, engineers, design, web admin)
- Grow -Digital Marketing (SEO, Paid Media, Social Media & Email Marketing)
- Protect - Data, AI, and hosting.
Fruition’s Growth Goal
A fundamental building block of meeting Fruition’s growth is delivering an exceptional client experience and developing innovative software delivered as a service to clients.
- Annual revenue growth of 20% is one key metric that stays consistent year after year. To achieve this we know we have to do an amazing job for our existing clients while also welcoming new clients into our ecosystem.
Accountability builds trust. When you fail to deliver, or someone has to ask you to deliver what is expected more than once, that trust is erroded.
Fruition’s project management processes are documented in our dev and marketing docs. These are our operating procedures with a ting of culture thrown in.
Fruition builds software to run many of its processes including our own SEO management tool (https://tools.fruition.net). How to use the tool, including Fruition’s Google Penalty Checker, is documented in Confluence.
Fruition’s team member onboarding process is confluence.