At Fruition, we partner with our clients to provide a best-in-class web development experience. Join us as a Senior WordPress developer and you will get to see our WordPress projects through the entire development process from planning to design to development to launch. We’ve also invested heavily in our hosting infrastructure to provide an excellent developer experience. We have first class tooling and infrastructure including: Jira, gitlab, Kubernetes and containerized everything even our coffee machine. This is a great opportunity for you to come in and have a sizable impact on our already solid WordPress specific services and offerings.
The Senior Full-Stack WordPress Developer will have job responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Primary responsibility for the architecture and technical delivery of software projects.
- Mentoring and quality assurance work – including but not limited to code reviews, one-on-one coaching, and the development of standards and practices – in conjunction with the development team.
- Delegation of tasks to in-house and contract resources, and oversight of those delegated tasks.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is a team player, and can deliver pixel perfect deliverables through working with our project managers and designers.
- Has expert knowledge and experience with the ins and outs of WordPress
(Plugin / Theme Development / API / Configuration / Advanced Custom Fields)
- Has strong PHP development skills.
- Takes pride in implementing the right solution to the problem, not necessarily the easy solution.
- Enjoys mentoring and guiding more junior developers.
- Values the Code Review process.
Required Key Skills, Experience, and Education
- 5 + years experience building complex, high traffic sites using WordPress and custom PHP.
- Expertise in creating and implementing custom themes and plugins.
- Experienced in connecting WordPress to third-party services using API integrations and plugins.
- Experience with estimating, planning, designing, testing, and building WordPress sites.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and direction to local, remote, and offshore teammates.
- Experience working with Google Cloud or other containerized hosting environments
- Experience managing projects and deployments with Jira and GitLab (or similar)
- Experience with writing automated testing
- Experience with eCommerce development including WooCommerce
- In-depth architectural knowledge of WordPress; know when to use something off-the-shelf, and when a custom solution is appropriate.
- Knowledgeable and opinionated about software maintainability. Skill in OOP development patterns that yield maintainable code.
- Contributions, in line with company open-source engagement policies and procedures, to WordPress and other upstream projects.
- Self-driven continuing education on framework and broader software development practices.
- Comfort at the SQL command line.
- Skills in writing unit, kernel, browser and functional tests, and can debug them in the IDE.
- Debugging with Xdebug and other profilers/debuggers, as appropriate.
- Sufficient knowledge of front-end/ECMAscript frameworks to oversee implementation of decoupled solutions, e.g. with Vue or React.
- Working knowledge of Twig and the ability to debug same locally with an IDE.
- Skill in Sass/Less, CSS Grid and Flexbox.
- Experience as a member of a team using SDLC basics like CI/CD, constructive code review and mentoring of juniors.
- Strong command-line git skill.
- Work/Life Balance – opportunities for flex schedule and remote work
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy (no pre-set limits)
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision (partial employer-paid medical)
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and supplemental voluntary benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Parental Leave
- Ongoing training and development
- Employee social and fundraising events
Apply for This Role →
- $100,000-$130,000 annually, commensurate with experience, skills, education and/or training