Fruition is seeking a seasoned senior Drupal developer to work on complex, enterprise-level Drupal 8 and 9 projects. If you are passionate about working on fun and challenging projects, this is the start of a great career move. This is a position for progressive developers who love professional development and tightening the loop between learning, open-source contribution and real-world application.
As a senior developer, you’ll spend roughly 70% of your time writing great code, 20% in support and mentorship of junior developers, and 10% on ensuring projects are set up for success alongside our dedicated project managers.
Our Drupal practice is heavy on Drupal Commerce, so experience in this ecosystem or JSON:API and decoupled environments is strongly preferred. Strong underlying software development lifecycle knowledge and skills are required – be prepared to debate the merits of service decoration vs. replacement.
Drupal Developer Hiring Qualifications
- In-depth architectural knowledge of Drupal 8/9, including dependent technologies, e.g. Symfony framework components.
- Experience with complex codebases; ability to install from source, scaffold example content and work on sites without requiring database dumps or production artifacts.
- Knowledgeable and opinionated about software maintainability. A stickler for inline and user documentation as well as OOP development patterns that yield maintainable code.
- Experience contributing to both Drupal and other upstream projects; tell us how you solved a problem for a client by submitting bug fixes?
- Up-to-date on new and upcoming language constructs. Help us roll out opcode preloading for Drupal 9.
- Comfort at the SQL command line.
- Skills in writing unit, kernel, browser and functional tests, and can debug them in the IDE.
- Debugging fu with Xdebug and other profilers.
- You can write Twig and debug it with breakpoints in PhpStorm, too.
- Compiled CSS chops sufficient to write some Grid and Flexbox… we Google the attributes all the time, too.
- Experience as a member of a team using SDLC basics like CI/CD, constructive code review and mentoring of juniors.
- Strong command-line git skill.
If you want to learn more about what life is like at Fruition read our start page. If you’d like to discuss in more detail click the button below.
Apply for This Role →