In addition to state and federal laws regarding contests and sweepstakes you must be aware of Facebook’s Promotions Guidelines and the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
To follow Facebook’s terms of service you must:
1. Run the contest or promotion within an App on Facebook which can be on a Page Tab.
2. You must include (a) a full release indemnifying facebook, (b) acknowledgement that the promotion is not sponsored by facebook, and (3) disclosure of who and where the information that the contestant is submitting information to.
3. You can use the act of liking a Page or checking in to a Place to register for the contest.
4. You can’t create a condition of registration by using the like or check in functions.
5. You can’t use the Like button as a voting mechanism.
6. You have to notify the winners through Facebook.
7. You can’t use Facebook’s intellectual property e.g. copyrights, trademarks, etc.
If you want more information on setting up Facebook contests contact Fruition today.
Brad Anderson is the Founder and CEO of Fruition. Brad’s focus is supporting Fruition’s team to enable sustainable growth and excellent client satisfaction (EBITDA growth). With a strong statistical background, Brad built Fruition’s in-house software that is used to manage client success.
President & Founder, Tru Family Dental
Marketing, Dependable Cleaners
President & Founder, Family Travel Association