Every real estate professional should blog. Why?
Frequent blog posts generate new content on your website, which attracts the search engines and shows them your website is active. Use carefully chosen keywords in each blog entry to improve your rank for those terms. (If you want to be found under “Vail real estate” use this term often in your blog posts) Blogging builds your reputation as a market expert, and helps establish trust and a personal connection with your web visitors. Save precious time by duplicating your blog content on your Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook updates, as well as your e-newsletters. Your blog should reside on your website, so you are not trying to drive traffic to two URLs.
But what do I blog about? Here are some great ideas for blog topics. Aim for 200-250 words per blog entry, and post at least once a month.
1. Why living in your town is so wonderful
2. Architecture trends in your community
3. Market stats (average home price, number of homes sold last month)
4. Invite readers to a local event coming up in your community
5. Living large in small spaces (especially if you have loft or condo listings)
6. Foreclosures in your town- these equal big bargains for qualified buyers
7. Your take on a local news story
8. Green home building trends
9. Talk about what it’s like to be a real estate professional in this economy
10. Write about why your family chose to live here
11. Introduce a new staff member
12. Post a testimonial from a client
13. Invite a colleague to write a ‘guest blog’ post
14. Talk about a friend’s business and why it’s successful
15. Ask a question to encourage comments (If you could live anywhere in the world- where would that be?)
16. Offer tips for a successful open house
17. Talk about a personal interest (hobby, sport, activity you enjoy)
18. Explain a complicated real estate term
19. Talk about your favorite charity
20. Tell readers why you love your job
Kara Galvin 303-669-7284 email@example.com